This DIY Matryoshka Doll Applique is perfect for a baby shower gift, little girly birthday presents, or personalized canvas bags.
Side note: If you do not have a personal cutting machine, you can download the cutting file, open up the jpg folder, print each file separately, use as a pattern, and cut by hand.
gather these supplies:
1. First choose a desired fabric for each of the 4 Babushka doll pieces. Cut a piece of fabric and Heat-N-Bond into squares the approximate size of each finished piece.
3. Place prepared fabric piece Ultra Heat-N-Bond side down on cutting mat. (a very sticky, new mat works best for cutting fabric)
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until each of the four pieces are cut.
7. Using a zigzag stitch (I adjust my stitch to be narrower and shorter than a typical zigzag stitch) carefully stitch around outside of Babushka doll and around each piece. Hand stitching is also an option.
8. Using buttons, beads or other embellishments make the final touches to your doll. ( I used a button for the scarf knot and made french knots with embroidery floss for each eye.)